10) The New Member Goody Bag: Or call it the Insider's Schwag Bag, the Pure Catskills Welcome Kit includes promotional materials highlighting the advantages of buying local. Point of purchase materials include a Pure Catskills member sign, bumper stickers, oak tags for pricing and hang tags. (Kits to be distributed in May and June.)
9) Cheerleader Pom-Poms: Not quite, but upon request, we will send you an Event Promotion Kit to highlight Pure Catskills to your event. We'll send you rack cards, a Pure Catskills banner, giveaway items, and other "stuff" to liven the festivities.
8) A Reason to Boast: Don't be bashful with shameless self-promotion -- a 50-word description about your business -- over 250 others are proud to be in the Guide to Catskills Products, too!
7) Bragging Rights x2: Expand that shameless self-promotion with more details online within the PureCatskills.com searchable web directory.
6) We Are the World, um, the Catskills: When you use the Pure Catskills logo to enhance your marketing efforts (like the Member web badge at left), you'll get the recognition you deserve through brand unity!
5) Your Personal Cheering Section: Our staff is out there rah-rah-sis-boom-bah-ing your products and businesses, and providing promotional support through events, print media, advertising, social media and other targeted campaigns, like Fresh From the Catskills.
4) Online Shopping Portal: Need an online shopping cart? Use ours! Sell your products through the web-based shopping portal, Pure Catskills Marketplace, and move your retail products to consumer markets easily online.
3) One Voice: Pure Catskills members with similar businesses are featured within the printed Guide in specialty sections for Beef, Botanicals, CSAs, Farm Accommodations, Farm & Food Organizations, Restaurants & Lodging, Farm & Food Radio Programs, and Activities & Tourism.
2) The Choir: Spin-offs sing in other forms like the Pure Catskills Holiday Gift Guide, county-specific Farmers' Markets rack cards, and articles in the Catskill Mountain Region Guide.
1) Your Marketing Hub: Use the PureCatskills.com website to promote your business, sure, but you can also use our events calendar to get the word out on your business's events, workshops and activities. We'll even give you a plug on the Pure Catskills Facebook Page. We're here to help you move your marketing efforts in the right direction. Need help? Just ask.
Need more reasons to be a Pure Catskills member? Register online by April 20 or contact Tia Blaber at ColorPage (the Guide publisher) at (845) 331-7581 x10.
One more reason...Tell your own story: Each year we include images of our landscapes, farms and other businesses on the pages of the Guide. We know you've been out there taking some great shots! Whether in the field, barn or cafe, atop a tractor or at market, your photo could be part of the 2013-14 Guide. Send your high-resolution, original photo to Pure Catskills. If selected for publication, the photographer and location will be credited.